This site is dedicated to a very particular hobby... reconstructing Roman Legionary equipment for the Second Augustan Legion's advance into the ancient British Westcountry.

It involves a great deal of travel, study, handwork and occaisonal fun!!

Monday 16 November 2009

Clothing Research



Its time to get serious about clothing!

First comes a great stack of books, which I always establish before making anything new... here is the dining room table full of books I'm going to need if I'm going to improve my kit authentically.

My aim is to get a full set of clothing done over the winter, in time for the spring, and I'm going to need it too...
 Currently we're planning marching up mountains to the highest part of the German Limes, bivouacing in the Brecon Beacons, and tracking boar in the New Forest.... all in period clothing. Its going to need to be more than just looking okay, but work as practical outdoor clothing.